ROVINE | It’s Aquarius Season, Freaks!!

Credit: @fuckingleos in Instagram

It’s the most eccentric, trailblazing and radical time of the year! Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the planet of freedom, originality, rebellion and revolution. The most unconventional planet in our galaxy, Uranus spins on an axis tilted by a whopping 98 degrees. A real oddball, indeed. If you’re an Aquarius, you’ve probably been told “there is no one like you” all your life, and it’s true! The alien outcast of the galaxy and the freakshows of humanity, Aquarians were put on this Earth to shake up the status quo, help us envision a radical future and change our world for the better. We have Aquarians to thank for fearlessly questioning social norms and propelling society forward. What do Rosa Parks, Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres and Bob Marley have in common? All Aquarians! Social justice energy is in the air, and it’s time to make a difference in any way that is meaningful to you.

As a fixed sign, Aquarians are steady and focused, always able to bring their unconventional ideas into reality. Aquarius legend Paris Hilton quite literally invented the selfie!!

Credit: @zodiacboyfriend on Instagram

Credit: @zodiacboyfriend on Instagram

It’s time to geek out over the latest stem cell research, conspiracy theories, philosophical contemplation or the prospect of robots taking over the Earth! My favorite sci-fi suggestion: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind — cue Mark Ruffalo and Kirsten Dunst stoned out of their minds, jumping and dancing on Jim Carrey’s bed while they’re supposed to be wiping his memory of former lover Kate Winslet. How? By using the latest medical machinery from an elite Manhattan doctor’s office, of course. Big. Aquarius. Energy.

Aquarius is represented by the philanthropic Water Bearer, who gives endlessly to others and showers the world with thoughts, ideas, and generosity. On the flip side, Water Bearers bottle up their own emotions and even detach from them entirely — until, of course, they spill and burst all at once, drowning the airy Aquarian in unfamiliar depths of something they may normally regard as a foreign concept: feelings! 

This sign is the most expert compartmentalizer of us all, notorious for putting their own struggles in a box and locking them away; giving all their emotional energy to others and failing to wholeheartedly feel, process and heal wounds of their own. (Read: martyr complex.) Indeed, Aquarians devote themselves to causes out of the purest intentions to make a positive impact, but also to avoid confronting their own confusing and challenging inner world. They would much rather turn those emotions off with some electric thunderbolt light switch invention they’ve been fantasizing about (yes, Thomas Edison was an Aquarius!).

During this time, we must remember to check in with ourselves when tough emotions come up, rather than push them aside and get thrown off when they inevitably resurface later on. This way, we can approach our feelings with an open heart, while maintaining that intelligent Aquarian perspective of cool objectivity- without getting blown over by a gasp of wind.

In addition to the primary influence of Uranus, Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, the planet of limitation, discipline and contraction. It should come as no surprise that most Aquarians refrain from too much intimacy. While this air sign is highly social and loves connecting with new people and especially groups formed around a common cause or passion, they only need a few deeply close friends to be truly fulfilled. And what an honor it is to be one of their chosen few — Aquarians are special; you’re lucky to be let into the fascinating world inside their minds. 

Ever the free spirit, the Aquarian may enter stints of voluntary isolation every now and then to roam and feel free — to grow and evolve independent of influences or expectations imposed by society. They do feel more lonely and disconnected than they let on, but would they trade that to be normal? No way! And they’ve got the superiority complex to prove it.

Aquarius energy invites us onto a spaceship of infinite possibility, towards a utopian future that defies all the rules. To another galaxy where dumb sh*t doesn’t matter; where you can embrace every unique part of who you are, and be celebrated for it all.

Aquarius season reminds us that, if you ever feel alone, or different, or misunderstood, you must never forget that this is truly your superpower. This is why you’re here! How boring would life be if we were all the same. Now is the time to throw away the notion of whatever anyone ever told you was “normal.” Stop caring so much what people think. Take this time to live for yourself, fearlessly and unapologetically. You deserve it.

Credit: @spicygeminimemes on Instagram

Credit: @spicygeminimemes on Instagram