POLITICS & STUFF | 5 Things All Government Majors Experience Explained in Spongebob GIFs

1. Getting asked what you want to do with your major
“So, like, do you want to run for president? Because I’d totally vote for you for president!” Like most college students (with the exception of maybe AEM go-getters), I have no idea what I want to do when I graduate. But I’m 99.99% sure I am *not* running to be your next president.

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

2. Getting invested in the election
You wanted to be the first to know about the latest details about the Trump and Hillary camps and read all the articles that came up on your news feed about the election. You watched the presidential debates (or even hosted your own viewing parties) and couldn’t wait to vote and see who the next president will be

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

3. Falling behind on the readings
First, you were a go-getter and did all the readings. Then, the mid-semester slump got you. You read the abstract and conclusion. If there were none, you scavenged the internet for summaries. If you came out empty-handed, you cursed yourself and mustered all your effort to power through those 80 pages like a champ.

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

4. Having no idea what to write for your paper
A policy proposal about poverty alleviation? Easy, the class is called “The Politics of Poverty”; the entire class is set up to answer this question. Let me watch all of The Office from start to finish and let that consume all my free time until it’s the night before the paper is due and I have absolutely no idea what to write.

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

5. Know you wouldn’t want to study anything else

Well, unless you double major in government and economics.

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY

Photo Courtesy of GIPHY