SOUND OFF | The Olympics Gym Playlist

With the 2018 Winter Olympics well underway, many have found inspiration to hit the gym and keep their New Year’s resolution well and alive. Here’s a playlist inspired by the music of the Olympics, whether it’s a song endorsed by athletes themselves or played during competition.

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Migos: Post-interview, Chloe Kim was asked what music she was listening to between her runs, and she responded with “Toxic” and “Paparazzi” by Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. Afterwards, she included “Motorsport” by Migos ft. Nicki Minaj and Cardi B as one of her pump-up songs.

Black Sabbath, Phantogram, Black Lips: Also included are a few of Shaun White’s favorites; “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath is a hard-hitting choice, while he also cites the duo Phantogram as another pump up-source. Also included is “Veni, Vidi, Vici” by Black Lips: a song with a fitting title for a gold-medalist Olympian.

AC/DC and Beyonce: For the first time in Olympic history, figure skaters are allowed to use songs with lyrics in them. While many competitors still use soundtracks or classical pieces for their programs, some have incorporated recognizable songs such as “Back in Black” and “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC or Halo and “Run the World” by Beyonce.

BTS: With the Olympics being held in Pyeongchang, South Korea, it would be a shame not to include one of their most popular Kpop exports. During the opening ceremony, Olympic organizers in South Korea played songs from Kpop groups such as BTS.

With a mix of many different genres and styles, this playlist is sure to give you an Olympic caliber workout. Enjoy!