MANGA MONDAYS | Re: ZERO – Starting a Blog in Another Semester

Photo Courtesy of White Fox Studio

Welcome back to Manga Mondays. As you can see, not much has changed here. Still a lot of Monday. Still not much manga. And I’m still making bad jokes with my post titles. Excellent.

I suppose the title might have led you believe that I’m going to kick the semester off with my thoughts on everyone’s favorite anime this season – Re:ZERO. Currently I have two things to say on the subject:

1. Yes, Rem is indeed best girl. This is an undeniable fact.

2. I’m still on episode 8, so don’t spoil me I’m begging you

Photo Courtesy of White Fox Studio

Photo Courtesy of White Fox Studio

How am I still on episode 8, you ask? As it happens, I spent June and July in Hikone, Japan studying Japanese. I studied and travelled like crazy, but (believe it or not) I didn’t watch a single episode of anime. I wrote another blog about the experience , if you’re interested.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’m going to get on with my boring post about what I plan to do this semester. For those that don’t know, I’ll be in Kyoto, Japan at the Kyoto Consortium for Japanese Studies. This will be a great opportuinty to mix up my content a bit. I’m thinking maybe some pictures from anime-related sites in Japan and perhaps interviews with Japanese people about their thoughts on anime, manga and the like. If there’s anything you’d like to learn about the Japanese perspective on anime and manga, leave a comment or send me an email!

Photo Courtesy of White Fox Studio

Photo Courtesy of White Fox Studio

I’m also considering writing some anime and manga recommendations. I’ve never tried it before, but I get asked my opinion on shows quite a bit so I was thinking I might take a stab at it. I’d probably focus on lesser known shows, or maybe highlight a specific writer, director, or voice actor. I think that’d be an interesting angle. Once again, if there’s anything you want highlighted, just let me know.

One thing that I won’t be doing is my usual seasonal anime preview post. I’m not even up to date on anime from last year, so I certainly won’t have time to focus on upcoming anime. I’d direct your attention to the YouTuber gigguk for that. He does a hilarious job of previewing seasonal anime. Frankly, I think every anime fan should subscribe to his channel.
Hit me up with comments and suggestions! I’m looking forward to another great semester.